Under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 all notifiable projects require a CDM co-ordinator. Rodan personnel are qualified to act as CDM co-ordinator to:
- Advise the client of their legal duties and assist in performing them;
- Notify details of the project to HSE;
- Co-ordinate health and safety aspects of design work across all parties involved with the project;
- Maintain good communication between the client, designers and contractors to ensure safe project delivery;
- Liaise with the principal contractor responsible for Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and review their Construction Phase Plan;
- Identify, collect and pass on pre-construction information;
- Prepare and maintain the health and safety file.
The Health and Safety File will contain information necessary to ensure that future construction, maintenance, refurbishment or demolition is carried out safely. This file is retained by the client and should be referred to whenever any major works are carried out and must be passed to any future owner of the project.